November 9, 2007

No Imminent Dobson Endorsement

This Associated Press article confirms the report that Dr. James Dobson is not endorsing any presidential candidates at this time:

In a week that saw conservative Christian leaders scatter their endorsements across the Republican presidential field comes one notable non-endorsement.

Focus on the Family founder James Dobson, in a radio broadcast taped Friday and to be aired Monday, said he isn't close to endorsing a candidate and if he does it likely will come "later in the campaign."

Dobson denied print and Internet reports quoting unnamed sources as saying he was about to endorse former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a favorite of social conservatives who has struggled to win support from the movement's leaders.

"I know Mike Huckabee personally," Dobson said. "I like him. We talk on the phone. I don't mean to be disparaging to him at all."

Huckabee released a statement saying his campaign was not the source of information about a Dobson announcement, and said he had spoken with Dobson about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not holding my breath. I've been a little frustrated that he hasn't yet.