December 31, 2007

Romney: Flip, Flop, or Slip on ENDA?

I have authored a very important guest post on Race42008.com:

Even though they are fierce rivals for the Republican nomination, Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney have been, for a long time, two of my top choices: Huckabee number one. Romney number two or three. I have some concern over Romney’s position changes on abortion, gun control, the Bush tax cuts, etc… But for the sake of all of you who have traveled that well-beaten path many times already, I don’t want to question Romney’s sincerity here. Huckabee’s positions have simply been stronger and more consistent in those areas, and that’s why he has my support.

All that said, yesterday I was confronted with a startling revelation about Mitt Romney’s current position on gay rights. It is one, to be honest, that greatly concerns me. Not the least because his own experience as governor means that he should know better.

What am I talking about? Well, I refer to Romney’s continued support for employment non-discrimination laws for sexual orientation — laws that would prohibit discrimination based on “actual or perceived” sexual orientation. This is serious, my friends.

Read the rest of the article...

2 comments:

Frances Clements said...

Excellent post. I think that law is one of the scariest in the nation. I would not want a president that supported it for the states.

Anonymous said...

Very dangerous. People really need to open their eyes to what Romney really stands for.