September 7, 2007

Newt Gingrich: Huckabee Statesmanship

Appearing on the Fox News show "On the Record" with Greta Van Susteren, Speaker Newt Gingrich gave his thoughts on the debate, including these very kind words for Governor Huckabee:

Newt Gingrich: I watched the debate, which I have not done up until now, and I actually thought it was fairly lively in places. I thought there were some interesting exchanges... I actually thought there was a terrific exchange between Ron Paul and Governor Huckabee and that Governor Huckabee really communicated a sense of statesmanship at that point.
This is not the first time Gingrich has had very good things to say about Huckabee, and I don't think it will be the last.

2 comments:

BDBopper said...

I agree with you. The way things are going at this point I think Newt will end up endorsing Mike Huckabee. Especially if no one else signs his "Nine Nineties in Nine" debate pledge (Mike is the only candidate in either party to do so at this point).

Anonymous said...

Are you and BDBopper old enough to serve? If so, I think you should enlist,go to Iraq,and get killed in combat, I feel the USA's honor needs more saving. We need to fix this mistake that really we had no business to "break".

On the other hand:
I am not going to sacrafice you to save face for a mistake,,come home and live,,,have a family, grow old, play ball with your granchild,,,

Now what sounds better???