November 13, 2007

Huckabee at 21 Percent in Iowa

Most polls have shown Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, with a strong lead in the Hawkeye State, dominating the GOP field. Recent surveys, however, have shown Huckabee picking up steam, and he is well within striking distance in the CBS News/New York Times poll, where he trails Romney, 27 percent to 21 percent, with a 5 percent margin of error.

Rudy Giuliani was in third at 15 percent. All other candidates were in single digits, including Fred Thompson, who had 9 percent support among likely caucus-goers.

While Romney still leads in Iowa, his support base is far softer than that of Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor whose campaign has gained momentum in recent weeks. Half of Huckabee supporters said they had made up their mind, compared to two-thirds of Romney supporters who said they could change their mind before caucus night. Overall, 57 percent of GOP caucus-goers said they haven't settled on one candidate.
+ DIGG IT +

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, this is off topic but I need your help! I registered on hucksarmy.com to participate in the forums on Nov. 9. My name is on the list, but I never got activated. I would love to join in the discussion - what should I do? I emailed admin@hucksarmy on 11/9 but never heard back. My user name is Jocelyn. Thanks for your help!